Thursday, August 24, 2006

Time to Make the Play Dough

Ok, so I just got back from the parents meeting at St. Andrews Preschool. The girls will be attending there 2 mornings a week starting next week.

Tonight we got to visit the classroom and meet the teachers/assistants. The actual orientation with the kids will be on Monday morning and then Tuesday-- drop off!

The classroom was simply adorable. They are the "Shining Stars" and it looks like a pretty nice mix of kids (based on the parents). Looking at their schedule they will LOVE IT-- with outside play, circle time, creative movement/music, ABC's/123's, etc. Oh, and there is actually time of the schedule for PLAY-DOUGH.

That is Leah & Sydney's idea of heaven. And parents volunteer to make a big double batch-- I'm up in December.

It will be such a great experience for them. I suspect they might be the chattiest kids but I could be wrong. Who knows how they'll react with a large group of kids? Based on Kindermusik (which starts tomorrow) they'll likely NOT be wallflowers.

Tomorrow will be very busy-- we have to pick up the immunization form for school, then go to kindermusik, THEN go to my office for an hour or so, THEN hit the grocery store to prepare for both a party that night and one the next. I have to make one dish for tomorrow's party and then the whole menu, minus dessert, for Saturday. And since we're hosting our dinner at the pool it's gotta be cold dishes along with things we grill to keep it easy. Should be interesting.

Never a dull moment here.

Just for the record, I'm going to cry when they go to school Tuesday. I can feel it. When they talked about how kids sometimes cry the first time they're dropped off, I nearly lost it.

Ok, a kid is hollering and that means I'm on deck.

No comments: